Sunday, February 28, 2010

Behind a Closed Heart-Free short story by Suzannah Safi


Take what people tell you with a pinch of salt. As an author I like to add spice to its recipe.

After a long day at work I wanted to meet with a friend in a bar-diner on 32street and Broadway in Manhattan. I sat waiting for her in the corner of the diner, and while I waited I examined the people around me. Looking, hunting for a character, or a story and that's when I saw him.

A man with broad shoulders, and short brown hair brushed back neatly. He was eating alone, looking into the space not his food, chewing but didn't seem to taste, or enjoy it. His eyes light honey color with a spark yet they had pain deep within them. His chiseled features told me he was in his thirties yet he looked as if he lived for eternity. Somehow I felt sad and wanting to go over his table and ask, "Why a gorgeous man like you is sitting alone?" Of course, that was a wishful thinking.

My friend came and rescued my little brain from its own exhaustion. But she noticed as we sat and ordered our food that I was peeking a glance at him every once in a while, then she looked at where I was looking and smiled. I had to ask the reason behind her smile; she said she knew the guy and she understood that I was not the only one, who was attracted to this gorgeous man. And she told me about him.

She said, "He always looks sad, his wife and him have problems. Everyone knew something wrong with their relationship, but no one knew what the problem was. He and his wife kept their problems to themselves."

Was he treating her badly, cheating on her? I asked many questions, and her answer was, "Not likely, the man never looked at any beautiful passing woman in his path. He is the most loving husband any woman could wish for, his wife never showed her affection toward him in front of people, and he always treated her as if she was the queen."

I formed an O and then squeaked, "You kidding me! I wish that." And I pointed at where he sat. "Was parked in front of my home, I would never let anyone ride him." The man was a MANLY MAN if you know what I mean.

She shook her head, and said she didn't know why. The author in me had to have an answer, even if I had to add some spice to this man's story. I can't tell you his real name, but I called him Adam Reed, and this is his story. This short story is free for my readers, but I have to warn you, it is a sad one, but with a HEA ending, wherever the ending may be ;)

To read the free short story 'Behind a Closed Heart' go to my website at http://www.suzannahsafi.com/Behindaclosedheart.html

I would love to know your opinion, I welcome all your comments.

Thank you
Suzannah Safi

No comments:

Post a Comment